October 8, 2010

Panty & Stockings!! (with Garterbelt)

OK. Now let's start using this blog for real. Today I'll post a new anime, and when I say new, I'm referring to a new concept.

"Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Transformation Scene / Attack (HD)" - posted by tekfunk
From "Panty & Stockings with Garterbelt" - GAINAX

This is Panty & Stockings with Garterbelt, an anime produced by GAINAX, the same who produced Neon Genesis Evangelion. However the style is different of any anime you've ever seen before (let's say like Invader Zim or Danny Phantom). Don't hope to see big-eyed girls of photo-realistic environments. The video I'm showing IS the only time you'll watch something of this. And the story is really funny. You want comedy? You'll get it.

Oh. You may not think this is a good idea. Well, I'll tell you a little about the storyline: Two angels, Panty and Stockings, were sent from Heaven to somewhere between it and the Hell called Daten City, all because their... eh... not so peculiar behavior. Now the only way to return is collecting Heaven Coins. Those are given by defeating Ghosts, souls that have turned into monsters. This is not an easy work... or maybe it would if Panty stops thinking in sex and men, and Stockings in candies and sweets.

I haven't seen a japanese cartoon in my life (except Powerpuff Girls Z, and you know how bad it is...). When I discovered this (the next day it was officially released), I didn't have the idea this would be bad. All the contrary. I love innovation (and funny series like this one). Obviously, you won't really know what Panty & Stockings is unless you watch at least the first episode. According to Wikipedia Article, the anime will have 26. I hope so, because it liked me! Don't see this as an offense for anime, but as a radical turn in the genre, and a proof you don't need moe kawaii desu grils to create a great animation (take that, K-ON!!).

Official website: http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/psg/

(P.S.: I can play videos while I'm editing a post. Great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment